On the 19th June, Capital Mass is hosting it’s first event on Modern Day Slavery in London with the aim of raising awareness and confidence in their 395 parishes to know what the signs are to look for and what we should do when we see the signs.
The evening will consist of leading experts and activists unpacking the issue and enabling all who attend to believe that they can make a difference.
The evening will begin with refreshments followed by five contributors speaking for 10 minutes each on the following themes:
- Fr Simon Cuff - Theology of Liberation
- Caroline Virgo, The Clewer Initiative – What is Modern Slavery and why is the church important in tackling it?
- DC Pete Lower, Lead on Modern Slavery at Met Police in Kensington & Chelsea - Slavery picture in London today
- Tamar Project, All Souls Langham Place - Reflections and Learnings from a Church’s response to Slavery .
- Helen Dennis, Policy and Advocacy Manager, Fairtrade Foundation - Slavery in our Supply Chain: our consumer responsibilities